Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rollyo

Week 5 almost complete. I added a rollyo widget to my blog. Lucky there were instructions or I'd still be here next Christmas. It is good to have to repeat things as I slowly start to understand how to work around my blog and do things. I created an Environmental issues search engine using all Australian sites.
They are: www.acfonline.org.au; www.greenpeace.org.au; www.foe.org.au; www.amnesty.org.au; www.environment.gov.au; abc.net.au/news/environment; www.eianz.org; www.environmentbusiness.com.au; www.csiro.org.au;
I can see how creating your own search engine assists with limiting your searches and gives you relevant results.
Not sure if I could use it to create a search engine for books- type in the author, genre, character etc. May not be necessary, we do have fiction connection. Though I do like the idea of my own search engine that I can use instead of googling!

1 comment:

tiptoes said...

Hi Jo
I just used your Rollyo thingo and found an interesting article on "reclaiming the food chain" so thankyou!